Stuffed Squid, or Lulas Recheadas, is a signature seafood dish in Portuguese cuisine. They are squid, deliciously filled with chourico, garlic, and onions. Stuffed squid is a flavorful Portuguese seafood dish that is simple and easy to make, and always sure to impress.
1 lbs. squid
1 chouriço sausage
2 cloves garlic
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1) Clean and wash the squid.
2) For the stuffing, chop one onion, one garlic clove, the chouriço and the tentacles from the squids and mix them together in a bowl.
3) Crack the egg into this mixture and blend thoroughly. Then stuff the squid sacs with the mixture and close them with a toothpick.
4) Fry the other chopped onion and garlic in a frying pan with olive oil for a couple of minutes on medium heat, add the tomatoes, the bay leaf, some parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
5) Add the stuffed squid to a baking dish and cover with the sauce in the frying pan.
6) Cook in the oven at 355 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes until done.
7) Once done, top with the chopped parsley and serve.