Tarte de Amêndoa, or Almond Tart, is one of the most popular desserts in Portuguese cuisine. It is one of the most simple and easy to make tarts that are just as good as any complicated cake. The smooth flavor of chopped almonds combined with a sweet filling and a flaky crust makes for an unbelievable tart that is always sure to impress. This recipe does not require you to make a homemade crust to make it as simple and easy as possible, although you can also make the crust at home if you’d like.
2.5 cups slivered almonds
1 stick of butter (100 grams)
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 premade pie crust
1) Toast the slivered almonds on a baking sheet in the oven at 330 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes until they are slightly browned.
2) Prick and press down on the pie crust with a fork to prevent any bubbles from forming in the crust when it cooks.
3) In a saucepan on medium heat place the almonds, butter, sugar and milk and stir it well.
4) Let it cook until the butter is melted and the mixture is even and consistent.
5) Now remove from the heat and pour onto the pie crust.
6) Place it into the oven for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until the top of the tart is golden brown.
7) Once it is done remove from the oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve.