Chourico and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers, this is one of my favorite dishes. Quinoa is considered a superfood and is great in combination with some Portuguese Chourico, which has a signature spicy kick.This is a Portuguese style combination of ingredients in a stuffed pepper which you will surely enjoy. It is a delicious and hearty dish which is really quite easy to make and very flavorful.
*Makes 5 Stuffed Peppers*
1 cup Quinoa
5 Bell Peppers
2 Chourico links chopped
1 Onion minced
1 Carrot minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 pound ground Turkey meat
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated Mozzarella Cheese
1) Cook the Quinoa in a saucepan with a cup of water on medium-high heat for about 15 minutes until done.
2) Once done set it aside in a bowl. Mix in the minced carrot and onions evenly.
3) Remove the seeds and insides of the bell peppers.
4) Mix the meats together in a bowl and season with the olive oil salt and pepper to taste. Make sure they are all chopped evenly and it is an even consistency.
5) Place the meats in a frying pan and saute them until they brown a bit.
6) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6) Fill the empty bell peppers with the meats and quinoa evenly, fill them almost to the top.
7) Cover the tops with the grated mozzarella and parmesan cheese evenly.
8) Place them on a baking sheet and put them in the oven when ready.
9) Let them cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted on the tops.
10) Once done, take out of the oven and serve, enjoy!