Fatias Douradas, or Golden Slices, are egg battered slices of toast fried to perfection. They are basically the Portuguese version of French Toast, with some slight differences. They are the perfect sweet delight, and are typically enjoyed after a meal as a dessert. They are especially great when served with some fresh fruit on the side. You must use bread that is at least a day old so that is has the right texture for being fried.
1 loaf sliced bread (should be at least a day old)
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup flour
1 cup milk
powdered sugar and cinnamon to cover
1) In a bowl pour in the milk, flour, and beaten eggs and stir it well.
2) Now dip the slices of bread in the mixture. Make sure they are coated well.
3) In a deep skillet, fry the coated slices of bread an inch of hot oil on high heat.
4) Fry them one by one until they are golden brown. Place them on a platter with paper towels once they are done to dry off.
5) Once they are done frying, sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar. Serve while hot.