Bife de Porco a Milanesa, or Portuguese Breaded fried pork, is a Portuguese dish that is very popular because of its unbelievable flavor and crispy texture. These perfectly fried golden brown pork fillets are great at anytime of the day and are always sure to impress. This dish is perfect for serving with some french fries on the side, or even sandwiched between two pieces of toasted bread.
1/2 pound of pork fillets
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup flour
1 cup vegetable oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
1 lemon sliced into quarters
1) Add the pork fillets to a bowl along with the crushed garlic and salt and pepper to taste to marinate. Let it sit for about an hour.
2) Now beat the eggs together in a bowl, and in another bowl place the breadcrumbs. In another bowl add the flour.
3) Then roll the fillets first in the flour, then the beaten egg, and finally in the breadcrumbs on both sides.
4) Then pour vegetable oil into a deep frying pan. Fry the steaks one by one in the pan on high heat until golden brown on both sides.
5) Once done, place the fillets on a platter with paper towels to let them dry.
6) Serve on a platter with the sliced lemon quarters for extra flavor.