Bolinhos de Coco, or Portuguese Coconut Kisses are one of the most traditional sweets in Portuguese dessert making. They are small bit size coconut treats of joy, perfect for those with a sweet tooth like myself. They are really simple to make and can be made in a jiffy if you are in a rush to make a really great dessert which is sure to impress.
*Makes about 22*
1 can condensed milk
2 cups of shredded coconut
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons of shredded coconut for decorating
1) Place the butter and condensed milk in a saucepan, bring to a simmer.
2) Gradually add all the shredded coconut to the saucepan.
3) Right before the point at which the coconut starts browning, immediately turn off the heat and remove from the saucepan into a bowl.
3) Let cool for a minute, then mold the mixture into small balls.
4) Decorate with shredded coconut and place into small dessert wrappers.
5) Serve and enjoy!