Sericaia, or Portuguese Egg Pudding, is a very old and traditional recipe from the region of Alentejo in Portugal. It is an awesome egg pudding dessert which is the perfect amount of sweet with a smooth texture. This dessert well exemplifies Portuguese dessert making and cuisine in general, simple to make but always wonderfully delicious.
6 eggs split into yolks and whites
3 cups of milk
3/4 cups of flour
1 cups of sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
1 cinnamon stick
1 Lemon rinds
1) Beat the yolks and sugar together along with the lemon rinds in a machine beater for about 3-4 minutes on medium speed until it is even and consistent.
2) Add the milk, cinnamon stick, and flour and continue beating.
3) Place it in a saucepan and heat for about 5 minutes until it is a creamy consistency.
4) Remove the cinnamon stick and place the cream in a bowl.
5) Preheat your oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit.
6) Beat your egg whites in a bowl well until a smooth consistency then add it to the cream.
7) If you have a Portuguese style ceramic bowl to bake place the cream in this bowl and place it in the oven. If you do not have a ceramic bowl, place the cream in a baking mold.
8) Sprinkle cinnamon powder on top of the cream and place the bowl or mold into the oven and cook until cracks begin to appear, and then it is done.
9) Take it out of the oven and let it cool for about 15 minutes.
10) Once cooled, serve and enjoy!