Portuguese Grilled Chicken and Rice, known as Frango no Churrasco com arroz, is a true staple of Portuguese cuisine. Using very few simple but effective ingredients and spices the chicken is cooked perfectly on the grill and served with some rice on the side. This is a hearty and delicious meal sure to fill you up and is really simple and easy to make. This is the perfect time to bust out the grill and make it just in time for the summer months.
1 whole chicken
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon of paprika
2 tablespoons paprika paste
4 tablespoons piri piri sauce
1 cup rice
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Butterfly the chicken in half with a knife through the breast and cut it into pieces.
2) Make a paste with then crushed garlic, olive oil, salt, paprika, piri-piri and lemon juice then rub it all over the chicken thoroughly.
3) As the chicken is marinating, boil the rice in a saucepan.
4) After the rice is done, place the chicken on the grill until well cooked and browned well.
5) Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
6) Serve with some boiled rice on the side, enjoy!
*If you can’t find the piri piri sauce locally, you can buy it on Amazon here*