This is a delicious recipe for Portuguese Porridge using grits, which is also known as Papas. This is a deliciously sweet dish that is typically eaten at any time during the day because of it is just so easy and simple to make. Eating Papas with some cinnamon on top along with some tea is one of my favorite meals and brings back great memories every time I have the chance to eat it. The sweet fragrance emanating from some freshly made Papas is almost enjoyment enough. I am sure you will love this dish as much as I do, so go ahead and try it out and tell us what you think!
*Makes 2 Servings*
3-4 cups water (as much needed)
2 cups milk
2 tablespoon butter
Pinch of salt
1 cup White Grits
1/3 cup sugar
Cinnamon to finish
1) Pour 2 cups water into a pan and heat it up. Bring to a boil.
2) Once boiling, pour in grits and start mixing pour in grits while continuously whisking vigorously to avoid clumping.
3) Pour in the butter and a pinch of salt and continue mixing.
4) Gradually start pouring in the milk.
5) Mixture will thicken. Continually keep adding water until the porridge is thick and creamy, you might not need all the water.
6) Turn off heat and remove from stove top once the porridge is thick and creamy.
7) Pour the porridge into two bowls.
7) Sprinkle generously with cinnamon. Serve while warm. Enjoy!