Tarte de Pascoa, which is a Portuguese Spinach & Egg Easter Pie, is a traditional Portuguese Easter recipe which is great. I love the taste combination of cooked spinach along with cheese, especially when its in a crispy pastry style shell. It is quite a healthy and hearty dish that you will surely love, try it out and tell us what you think!
1 onion, chopped
1 tbs Olive oil
1 bunch spinach, about 10 oz., chopped
12 filo sheets
4 tbs parmesan cheese
1/2 cup each thickened cream and milk
salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven 355 degrees fahrenheit.
2) Start hard boiling 6 eggs in a saucepan. Once done, remove the shells and set the eggs aside. Cook the onion in the olive oil until soft.
3) Cook the onion in the olive oil until soft.
3) Add the chopped spinach and cook until wilted. Squeeze out excess liquid.
4) Brush 8 filo sheets with oil, fold in half, line a greased flan pan, edges will overhang.
5) Sprinkle 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese over base. Fill with half the spinach, top with 6 hard boiled eggs, remaining spinach and 2 tbs parmesan.
6) Whisk 4 eggs and 1/2 cup each thickened cream and milk together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7) Pour into pastry shell. Brush 4 sheets filo with oil.
8) Fold in half and place on top. Fold in edges. Brush with oil.
9) Bake for 40 minutes.
10) Once done, let it cool for a bit and serve, enjoy!