Seafood done the Portuguese way is always good. Being historically a seafaring culture Portuguese cuisine has honed the best possible ways to cook all types of Seafood. We are going to show you how to make Lagosta Suada, which is Portuguese style Lobster dish from the region of Peniche. It is quite simple and easy to make, so try it out and tell us what you think.
2 lbs of Lobster
4 onions chopped
5 tomatoes chopped
4 garlic cloves chopped
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white wine
Parsley to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste
Paprika to taste
1) Place the lobsters on a cutting board kitchen and stick a kitchen knife in the head to make sure its ready to cook.
2) Cut the lobster by the rings and save all the liquid released into a separate bowl.
3) Separate the head, which opens in the middle in the longitudinal direction. Remove the coral (red egg sack) with a spoon and reserve it in a bowl aside.
4) Place a pan on the stove with a little olive oil and a tablespoon of butter. Put in there all chunks of lobster for 4 minutes on medium heat.
5) Stir from time to time. Remove the lobster pieces and add the onions, garlic and the reserved liquid in the bowl you set aside before.
6) Add the tomatoes and paprika. Stir well with a wooden spoon.
7) Add the white wine and let it boil. Reassemble the pieces of lobster that are baked in a covered pan for 30 minutes.
8) Meanwhile, mix the coral with melted butter, in equal amounts and mix together until smooth. At the end of the allotted time, remove the pieces of lobster pot.
9) Then add the butter and coral mixture, bring to the pan and stir well. Pass the dressing through a sieve formed.
10) Serve and enjoy!