This recipe is for a Portuguese vanilla flan which is known as Pudim de Baunilha. This flan is perfect for any of those with a sweet tooth like myself. The ingredients themselves are pretty easy to find so you shouldn’t really have any trouble with that so go ahead and try it out and if you have any questions about the dish place them in the comment box below!
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
3 large eggs
a 14-ounce can nonfat sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1) Preheat oven to 325°F.
2) In a small heavy saucepan bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
3) Boil syrup, without stirring, until golden caramel.
4) Pour caramel into a 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish, tilting dish to coat bottom and some of side with caramel.
5) In a large bowl whisk together eggs, condensed milk, skim milk, and vanilla until smooth.
6) Pour mixture through a fine sieve into soufflé dish.
7) Put dish in a baking pan and add enough hot water to pan to reach halfway up side of dish.
8) Bake flan in middle of oven 1 1/4 hours, or until just set but still trembles slightly. (Flan will set as it cools.)
9) Remove flan from pan and cool in dish on a rack. Chill flan, covered, until cold, at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.
10) Dip dish in a baking pan of hot water 3 seconds. Run a thin knife around edge of dish and invert flan onto plate.