Aletria is a Portuguese Sweet Pasta dessert. It is kind of like the pasta version of Arroz Doce, or Sweet Rice. It is quite a unique and traditional dish in Portuguese dessert making. For those with a sweet tooth and love pasta, this is a perfect dessert.
12 oz vermicelli noodles
1/2 cup water
3 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1 lemon rinds
6 egg yolks
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
1) In a saucepan, add 2.5 cups milk, 1/2 cup water and heat until it boils.
2) Now add the sugar, lemon rinds, and butter to the saucepan. Stir it well. Reduce to medium heat.
3) Finally, add the vermicelli noodles and mix again. Let it simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
4) Beat the egg yolks well and then add them to the saucepan along with the last 1/2 cup milk.
5) Stir it well as it simmers for another 3 minutes.
6) Once done, pour it on a dish to serve. Cover with cinnamon powder.