Aletria is a Portuguese Sweet Pasta dessert. It is kind of like the pasta version of Arroz Doce, or Sweet Rice. It is quite a unique and traditional dish in Portuguese dessert making. For those with a sweet tooth and love pasta, this is a perfect dessert.
1 pound angel hair pasta
1/2 cup water
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 lemon rinds
5 egg yolks
1/4 pound butter
2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
1) In a saucepan, add 3/4 cup of milk and 1/2 cup water in and heat it until it boils.
2) Now add the angel hair pasta, sugar, lemon rinds, and butter to the saucepan.
3) Let it cook until the angel hair pasta has absorbed most of the liquid.
4) Beat the egg yolks well and then add them to the saucepan along with the last 1/4 cup milk.
5) Stir it well.
6) Pour it on a dish to serve. Cover with cinnamon powder.